If you have ever had a traditional crown or bridge placed, you probably remember the long wait for your permanent restoration while you had to “baby” a temporary crown or teeth, avoiding chewing on that side of your mouth and a variety of foods you might normally eat. With CEREC same-day dental restoration technology, we can completely change this paradigm at Living Wellness Dental Dorchester! We have equipped our Calgary, AB dental practice with this innovative technology for several reasons, including enhanced convenience and comfort for you as a patient and the ability for us to provide more precisely crafted restorations that look as great as they feel.
CEREC technology explained
CEREC stands for “Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramics.” It uses specialized CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and manufacturing) technology to generate precise, comfortable digital impressions of your teeth and then fabricate a perfectly fitted dental restoration – all while you wait comfortably in the dental chair, catching up on emails or reading a good book. CEREC can be used for multiple different types of dental restorations, ranging from ultra-thin porcelain veneers that we place on the front of your teeth to full dental crowns or dental bridges.
Benefits of using CEREC for your crown, bridge, or veneers
Both our patients and our dental team love CEREC technology for many reasons. This same-day technology has truly transformed the way we can provide dental restorations:
- Convenience: Compared to the traditional method of placing dental restorations that requires at least two visits to the dental office and temporary restorations that need special care, the convenience that CEREC offers is unparalleled. The whole process takes just about two hours from start to finish, versus weeks for a traditional restoration.
- Comfort: Getting dental impressions made with traditional dental moulds and putties is not the most comfortable experience. With CEREC digital impressions, we simply use a small wand to generate a series of high-resolution impressions of your mouth, no putties required.
- Precision: Creating dental restorations from traditional putty moulds is error-prone and can result in restorations that don’t fit properly. Conversely, CEREC digital impressions are exact, and the crowns, bridges, or veneers made from computer-aided manufacturing technology are a perfect fit for your unique mouth.
- Durability: CEREC restorations are fabricated from a single block of high-quality, solid dental ceramic, which means that they are better able to withstand the chewing forces placed on your teeth. With good care, CEREC dental restorations can last long.
- Appearance: We can custom-match the shade of your CEREC restoration to the rest of your teeth so that it blends in seamlessly with your smile.
Dental care with a personalized approach
At Living Wellness Dental Dorchester, CEREC technology is just one of the many exciting dental advances that we have invested in to provide you with personalized dental care and terrific results. To schedule your appointment at our Calgary, AB office, call us at (587) 327-1500 or request an appointment online.
Share this Article